Tuesday 29 May 2012

Fake Empanadas

I have faked something today, but it is new, so I can count it as part of my New Year's resolution (cook something new every week). I had some leftover gyoza skins from the weekend Wagamama cook-off and decided to finally use up the half chorizo that has been glaring at me from the fridge. These are not dairy-free, but Charlotte is at school, so it's ok.

Method

In a blender, I whizzed up:
1 chicken breast
1/2 an onion
1/4 orange pepper
A big chunk of chorizo
About 60g Manchego cheese

Once this was suitably minced together, I dolloped a teaspoon onto a gyoza skin, moistened the edge and folded in half. I flattened them a bit and made sure the edges were well sealed. I made 17, I think, from this quantity of mix.

I put About 1cm of oil in a frying pan and gently fried them for a couple of minutes on each side, 6 at a time. Unfortunately, the filling seeped out and burned in the oil, but apart from that they were easy and tasted great. Now I need to learn how to make empanada dough, so I can make them properly and hopefully not leak everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment