Wednesday 11 July 2012

Bunny cakes

I was ordering some stuff for the girls from Yellow Moon and I saw this cake pan in the sale. It arrived yesterday and I couldn't wait to try it out. I also bought a tub of coconut oil a while ago, which I have been meaning to try baking with but not had the opportunity to do some experimenting. I made the following mix up, which made 4 bunnies:

Ingredients

2oz caster sugar
2oz coconut oil
1 egg
2.5oz self raising flour
1tbsp cocoa
Soya milk

Method

Mix the coconut oil and caster sugar, then add the egg and mix well.
Add the flour and cocoa and mix. The batter was very stiff, so I added soya milk until the consistency was soft like fairy cake mix.
Spray cake release spray into each of the bunny shapes, then fill each bunny 2/3 full with mix.
Bake for 15 minutes at 180c.
Tip the cakes out onto a wire rack to cool.


The cakes had a lovely light texture, but the coconut taste was quite strong. I think that I should have added a little salt to the mix too, as the coconut oil is unsalted. The sponge was less rich then when I have used soya margarine, but Charlotte and I polished one off before they were even cool so they must have been good!


No comments:

Post a Comment