Thursday 18 October 2012

Quick smoked haddock lunch

My favourite dish in the world is served at a local pub. Smoked haddock with mustard mash and a poached egg on top. Unfortunately, my husband does not eat fish, so I don't tend to cook fish at home. I can, however, cook fish for my lunch, and that is what I did today. I created a quick lunch version of my smoked haddock, and it looked and tasted really great. So great, in fact, I thought I would take a picture and share it.

I am not a fan of the whole photographs of my restaurant meal thing that seems to be happening on social media, but when I have cooked something I love, I do want to share it. So here it is.

I poached the haddock in milk with a knob of butter and poached an egg separately. I put a couple of handfuls of baby spinach on the plate the laid the hot haddock on top with a drizzle of the milk (which started to wilt the spinach rather nicely). I then put the poached egg on top and finished it off with mustard salad dressing and a bit of black pepper. 

The mustard salad dressing bottle is in the background and it is also a favourite of mine. It's sold in the local farm shop and absolutely delicious.

No comments:

Post a Comment